MENU BY USER ROLE

If you read this chances are that you already know that WordPress is so much more than just a “blogging platform”. It has come a long way since it was first released back in 2003. It has evolved to be used as a full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets and themes that are available.

WordPress is the most powerful content management systems in the world – today it powers just under 17% of the top one million websites in the world. Millions of people from across the globe turn to WordPress to build websites of all shapes and sizes and across all different categories

Source: WordPress.com VIP

WordPress is limited only by your imagination (and of course your technical skills). WordPress out-of-the-box will take you to 80% and with our plugins you will find the remaining 20%.

We take pride in using WordPress as our preferred platform when we develop websites for our customers. From small personal websites to large systems that manage several hundred thousand members and advanced affiliate systems – we have used WordPress with great success.

We decided to turn some of the plugins we have created into commercial plugins, which we sell on the Codecanyon marketplace.  We have sold almost 20,000 plugins, which is currently being used on more than 90,000 websites. Our customers are other developers, designers and WordPress users that use the plugins for their client projects or personal websites. We have also released a number of free plugins and free add-ons for our many commercial plugins.

Menu by User Role for WordPress

What is Menu by User Role for WordPress?

Menu by User Role for WordPress is a great little plugin that gives you the ability to create a Public Menu, a menu for users Logged in and menus for each User Role defined in your WordPress website. The plugin gives you complete control over the menus in your WordPress powered website. And if you have our White Label Branding for WordPress you can also easily create new User Roles.

Menu by User Role - assign menus in Theme Locations

The plugin also compliments our Pages by User Role for WordPress, which lets you add access control to Pages, Posts and Custom Post Types as well as display different information to users base on their User Role.

You can login and take the plugin for a test drive before you decide whether to buy it or not.

Try and login with each of them then you can see how the plugin works.

WordPress Custom Menus

By default WordPress has the following user roles.

  • Subscriber – someone who can only manage their profile
  • Contributor – someone who can write and manage their posts, but not publish them
  • Author – someone who can publish and manage their own posts
  • Editor – someone who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, pages etc.
  • Administrator – someone who has access to all the administration features in wp-admin.
  • Super Admin – someone with access to the blog network administration features, which controls the entire network. This is only available if you use WordPress Multisite)

Each user role has a number of predefined capabilities, which defines the set of tasks a user is allowed to perform.

The Appearance Menus Screen in WordPress enables a user to create custom navigation menu, which can be used instead of a themes default menu. In order to use this feature it must be registered in the theme’s functions.php file (this feature is activated in most modern themes).

You can easily add Pages, Posts, Categories and custom links to the menu. And you can even create multi-level menus by just a few clicks and organize them by ‘drag and drop’.

List of Features

Main Features

  • Create Public Menu
  • Create Menu for Users Logged in
  • Create Menu for each of the User Roles defined in your website

Screenshots

Below you will see detailed screenshots with comments of Menu by User Role for WordPress version 1.0.2.